Sunday, February 18, 2007

Day Sixteen: Wah Wah Wah

Something I'm really good at is complaining. So here I go. People are morons. Some may disagree with this statement, but those people are just that. The proof is too overwhelming for me to remember all of it, let alone post it on a blog. So let me focus my complaining to a norrower scope. This week none of my team went to rock trivia, contrary to comments posted on this specific blog. Many would say that music trivia is not important and that they have many more critical things to do. While I believe these people take their lives a little bit too seriously I'll not argue the point. This does make me think though. Music trivia aside, think about how many times in one week you break an appointment because you didn't feel like doing something. Maybe you told someone that you would phone them and didn't. Or you could have scheduled two things at the same time and couldn't make it to both. Now, this is not quite the same as breaking a promise, but add up all these instances to see how dependable you are. Do people laugh derisively when you say you're going to do something? If your count is three or more, they probably are. If I can get back to complaining for a while. It's been over a month now and the link to Meghan's blog is only one way. Complaining is almost as fun as putting other people down, so look forward to more in the future.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh hells yes Matt! I totally agree, if Lorne actually had a life outside of video games, sleeping and work he would know Rock Trivia is nothing compared to life. I'm lucky if I get 4 hours sleep at the moment. So really Rock Trivia can wait. If I wanted to listen to music and drink I could do this at home, but really I don't have the time of day for it right now. I have responsibilities and a life to deal with. :P

Lorne L said...

You must have scored above three. For your information my time is divided between hookers and blow.

Lorne L said...

I bow to your truly wise council. Could you please enlighten me about what constitutes a life, that I can better myself?

Anonymous said...

I consider myself to have a life. But of course my opinion is not valid as it counts of eating soup, watching youtube and petting a cat I don't like.
That being said I do agree there is something to be said about having a weekly meeting of sorts with friends that can help to break up a monotonous, stressful and tiring week. When possible it is fun and encouraged and people do tend to get lazy when itcomes to social outings.
However other circumstances do take presedence and unapologetically so. Health, family and personal lives come first. Beer/music do make a pretty good second. I'll take it we'reexpected this week.

Lorne L said...

Apparently everyone thought that this post was about rock trivia because I used it as an example. It was meant to make people think, and maybe consider briefly a different perspective. This has taught me that it's not important what you write, but how you write it. I will in the future try to keep my posts as one dimensional as possible.