Thursday, March 1, 2007

Day Twenty-three: Number One Fan

Recently I was assisting a customer in finding the help that they need. Unfortunately, I could not offer the kind of professional help that they required. I offered to Transfer said customer to another department where they could be better assisted. The customer did not respond to this offer so I repeated it. When they still did not respond I asked them if they could hear me. They finally responded that I was smart. Now, I am not used to this type of compliment so the only suitable response I could come up with was, "thank you."
The customer repeated this compliment and I while my ego was inflating quickly I still couldn't come up with a more appropriate response, so I just repeated the previous acknowledgement. Then the customer said that they would tell everyone how smart I was. At this I was practically glowing with pride and so I replied, "thank you very much."
What a great day to help people, it gives me a warm feeling in my left ventricle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's sad when the only thing you can write about in your blog is that a customer found you smart.

If they had half a brain then they would realize the place we work in and really that even they to could do the job.

I must say, this post is by far the most boring. But seeing how no one else has commented I figure I must.

Colleen said...

I was thinking that maybe he really did have a heart and feelings! But then he explained it to me and it all makes sense.

Matthew Grunert said...

Lorne has no soul, how could he have a heart and feelings?

Anonymous said...

I think you're smart too - and whenever I have doubts about your intelligence, I look at the picture I have of you, drunk with a corona bucket on your head.

That usually reminds me.

Lorne L said...

The irony of this is that the customer meant I have a smart mouth, but they didn't say that. In this light I look great. And Jen, a customer could not do my job because they need to be able to read and string together a coherent thought. I'm sure they could do your job though. ;)

Lorne L said...

Also, I believe that was a Kokanee bucket.